According to campingship, Elsinore, Utah is a small town located in the southwestern portion of the state. It is situated at an elevation of 4,400 feet and is surrounded by red-rock canyons and sandstone cliffs. The climate here is generally mild with hot summers and cold winters. The area has a long history that dates back to the 1800s when it was first established as a Mormon settlement. Today, Elsinore has grown into a vibrant community with a population of about 500 people.
The town is governed by an elected mayor and city council who manage the day-to-day operations of the city. The economy of Elsinore depends largely on tourism, as well as agriculture, ranching, and some light industry. There are several schools in the area including an elementary school, middle school, and high school all operated by the local school district.
When it comes to landmarks, Elsinore has plenty to offer visitors and residents alike. One popular spot is Red Rock Canyon which offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape from its towering sandstone cliffs. Other attractions include two historical museums – one dedicated to Mormon pioneers and another highlighting Native American culture – as well as several unique stores where visitors can find handmade crafts or locally-made products from local artisans. Finally, Elsinore also boasts a small but growing arts scene with several galleries showcasing local talent throughout the year.
Population: 733. Estimated population in July 2020: 735 (+0.3% change)
Males: 345 (47.1%), Females: 388 (52.9%)
Zip code: 84724
Median resident age: 29.7 years
Median household income: $27,917
Median house value: $84,400
Races in Elsinore:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.7%)
- Hispanic (2.6%)
- American Indian (1.9%)
- Two or more races (1.8%)
- Other race (1.0%)
Ancestries: Danish (31.4%), English (20.1%), United States (12.3%), German (11.5%), Irish (6.8%), French (2.6%).
Elevation: 5335 feet
Land area: 1.3 square miles
Elsinore, Utah is located in Sevier County and has a population of approximately 500 people. The majority of the population is made up of Caucasian Americans, accounting for 84% of the total population. The second largest ethnic group is Hispanic or Latino, making up 10% of the population. Other minority groups include African American (2%), Native American (2%), and Asian (1%). The median age of the residents is 35 years old with an average household size of 3.5 people.
The majority of Elsinore’s residents are employed in either agriculture or service-related occupations. Agriculture accounts for the largest portion of employment at nearly 30%, followed by services at 25%. Manufacturing makes up 14% and retail 11%. The median household income in Elsinore is $43,000 with a poverty rate at 10%. Education levels are relatively low with only 13% having attained a college degree or higher. Most residents are affiliated with either the Catholic Church or one of several Protestant denominations. Elsinore also has a large LDS community and there are several churches that serve this demographic.
For population 25 years and over in Elsinore
- High school or higher: 84.3%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 7.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.0%
- Unemployed: 3.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Elsinore town
- Never married: 18.2%
- Now married: 61.5%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 6.3%
- Divorced: 11.9%
1.2% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +124 (+20.4%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Elsinore:
- SEVIER VALLEY HOSPITAL (about 8 miles; RICHFIELD, UT)
- FILLMORE COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER (about 22 miles; FILLMORE, UT)
- GUNNISON VALLEY HOSPITAL (about 41 miles; GUNNISON, UT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Elsinore:
- CEDAR CITY REGIONAL (about 94 miles; CEDAR CITY, UT; Abbreviation: CDC)
- PROVO MUNI (about 110 miles; PROVO, UT; Abbreviation: PVU)
- PAGE MUNI (about 132 miles; PAGE, AZ; Abbreviation: PGA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Elsinore:
- RICHFIELD MUNI (about 6 miles; RICHFIELD, UT; Abbreviation: RIF)
- FILLMORE (about 24 miles; FILLMORE, UT; Abbreviation: U19)
- JUNCTION (about 32 miles; JUNCTION, UT; Abbreviation: U13)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Elsinore:
- SNOW COLLEGE (about 61 miles; EPHRAIM, UT; Full-time enrollment: 2,632)
- SOUTHERN UTAH UNIVERSITY (about 96 miles; CEDAR CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 5,091)
- UTAH VALLEY STATE COLLEGE (about 114 miles; OREM, UT; Full-time enrollment: 14,182)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY (about 119 miles; PROVO, UT; Full-time enrollment: 29,977)
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-UTAH CAMPUS (about 137 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 2,021)
- SALT LAKE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 138 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 11,896)
- UNIVERSITY OF UTAH (about 145 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 19,866)