Bozrah, Connecticut Demographics

Northern America

According to allcitycodes, Bozrah is a small town located in the southeastern part of Connecticut, United States. With a population of approximately 2,600 people, Bozrah is considered a rural community with a close-knit and tight community.

In terms of demographics, Bozrah is predominantly White, with around 96% of the population identifying as Caucasian. The remaining 4% of the population is made up of various ethnicities, including African American, Asian, Hispanic, and Native American individuals. Bozrah has a relatively low population density, with most residents living in single-family homes on spacious lots.

The town has a balanced gender distribution, with males making up around 49% of the population and females accounting for the remaining 51%. The median age in Bozrah is 47 years, which is slightly higher than the national average. This indicates that Bozrah has a relatively older population compared to other towns in the region.

In terms of education, Bozrah has a well-educated population. Around 92% of residents have completed high school, and approximately 40% have obtained a bachelor’s degree or higher. The town is served by the Bozrah School District, which provides education to students from pre-kindergarten to grade 6. For higher education, residents have access to nearby colleges and universities located in the surrounding areas.

The majority of the residents in Bozrah are employed in various sectors such as healthcare, education, retail, manufacturing, and construction. Some residents also commute to nearby cities for work. The town has a relatively low unemployment rate compared to the state average, indicating a stable local economy.

Bozrah has a strong sense of community and residents actively participate in local events and activities. The town hosts several annual events, including fairs, parades, and festivals, which bring the community together. Additionally, there are various recreational facilities in Bozrah, including parks, trails, and sports fields, which contribute to a healthy and active lifestyle for residents.

In terms of housing, Bozrah offers a mix of housing options. The town primarily consists of single-family homes, with a few apartment complexes and mobile homes. The housing market in Bozrah is relatively stable, with a mix of older homes and newer constructions. The cost of living in Bozrah is moderate, with affordable housing options available to residents.

Bozrah is a family-friendly community, with several amenities and services catering to families. The town has a public library, community center, and recreational programs for children and adults. Bozrah also has a low crime rate, making it a safe place to live and raise a family.

Overall, Bozrah, Connecticut, is a small, close-knit, and peaceful town with a predominantly White population. It offers a high quality of life, with a strong sense of community, access to education, and a variety of recreational opportunities. Bozrah’s demographics reflect a relatively older population with a well-educated workforce, contributing to the town’s stability and growth.

Location, Weather, and Education of Bozrah, Connecticut

Bozrah, Connecticut is a charming town located in New London County, in the southeastern part of the state. Nestled amidst the picturesque landscapes of Connecticut, Bozrah offers a delightful blend of rural charm and modern amenities. With a population of approximately 2,600 residents, Bozrah provides a close-knit community atmosphere that is perfect for families and individuals seeking a peaceful and relaxed lifestyle.

When it comes to the weather, Bozrah experiences the typical four seasons that are characteristic of the northeastern United States. According to travelationary, summers are warm and pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the low 80s Fahrenheit. The town enjoys an abundance of sunshine during this time, making it ideal for outdoor activities and exploration of the nearby natural attractions.

As autumn arrives, the foliage in Bozrah transforms into a breathtaking display of vibrant colors. The crisp air and cooler temperatures create a cozy atmosphere, perfect for taking long walks or enjoying a hot cup of coffee at one of the local cafes. Winters in Bozrah are cold, with temperatures often dropping below freezing. Snowfall is common during this time, adding a touch of magic and providing opportunities for winter sports enthusiasts to enjoy activities like skiing and snowboarding.

In terms of education, Bozrah is served by the Bozrah School District, which is dedicated to providing a high-quality education to its students. The district consists of one elementary school, Fields Memorial School, which caters to students from pre-kindergarten through grade 8. The school is known for its committed and experienced staff, who ensure that each student receives the attention and support they need to succeed academically and personally.

Fields Memorial School offers a comprehensive curriculum that focuses on a well-rounded education. Students have access to a wide range of subjects, including English language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and physical education. The school also emphasizes the importance of art, music, and technology, providing students with opportunities for creative expression and technological literacy.

In addition to its strong academic program, Fields Memorial School promotes a positive and inclusive learning environment. The school encourages parent involvement and believes in the power of collaboration between teachers, students, and parents to foster academic achievement and personal growth. Through various extracurricular activities and clubs, students can explore their interests and develop their talents beyond the classroom.

For high school education, students in Bozrah have the option to attend nearby public schools or choose from a variety of private and magnet schools in the area. These schools offer a diverse range of educational programs and extracurricular activities to cater to the unique interests and aspirations of each student.

Overall, Bozrah, Connecticut, with its beautiful location, pleasant weather, and commitment to education, offers a wonderful place to live and raise a family. The town’s strong sense of community, coupled with its access to quality education, ensures that residents can enjoy a fulfilling and enriching lifestyle in this charming New England town.