Baltic, South Dakota Demographics

Northern America

According to travelationary, Baltic, South Dakota is a small town located in the southeastern part of the state. With a population of approximately 1,100 residents, it is considered a close-knit community with a strong sense of unity and pride. The town is situated in Minnehaha County and is part of the Sioux Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Demographically, Baltic is predominantly white, with over 95% of the population identifying as Caucasian. The remaining 5% is comprised of individuals from various racial and ethnic backgrounds, including Hispanic, African American, Native American, and Asian.

In terms of age distribution, Baltic has a relatively balanced population. The median age in the town is around 38 years old, which is slightly higher than the national median age of 37.8 years. The population is spread across all age groups, with a significant number of residents falling in the 30-44 age range.

The town of Baltic has a fairly even gender distribution, with slightly more females than males. The female population represents approximately 51% of the total population, while males make up the remaining 49%.

Baltic is primarily a residential community, and the majority of its residents are homeowners. The town has a mixture of single-family homes, apartments, and mobile homes. The cost of living in Baltic is relatively affordable compared to larger cities in South Dakota, making it an attractive place for families and individuals seeking a quieter, more rural lifestyle.

In terms of education, Baltic has its own public school district, Baltic School District 49-1. The district serves students from kindergarten through 12th grade, offering a comprehensive curriculum and a variety of extracurricular activities. The school is known for its strong emphasis on academics, as well as its supportive and caring environment.

Economically, Baltic is primarily driven by agriculture and small businesses. Many residents are involved in farming and agriculture-related industries, such as crop production and livestock farming. Additionally, there are a number of small businesses and local shops that contribute to the town’s economy.

Baltic is a close-knit community that places a strong emphasis on family values and community involvement. The town hosts various events throughout the year, including a summer festival, parades, and community fundraisers. These events provide opportunities for residents to come together, socialize, and celebrate their shared values and traditions.

In summary, Baltic, South Dakota is a small, predominantly white town with a balanced age distribution and a slightly higher median age compared to the national average. The residents of Baltic are primarily homeowners, and the town’s economy is driven by agriculture and small businesses. The community values family, education, and community involvement and provides a supportive and caring environment for its residents.

Location, Weather, and Education of Baltic, South Dakota

According to allcitycodes, Baltic, South Dakota, is a small town located in Minnehaha County, in the southeastern part of the state. With a population of around 1,100 residents, Baltic offers a close-knit community with a rural charm. The town is situated approximately 10 miles northwest of Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota, which provides convenient access to urban amenities while still enjoying a peaceful rural lifestyle.

The weather in Baltic, like much of South Dakota, experiences a four-season climate. Summers are warm and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from the 70s to the 90s Fahrenheit. Residents can enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and boating in the nearby lakes and rivers. Autumn brings colorful foliage, making it a perfect time for scenic drives and outdoor festivals. Winters in Baltic can be cold, with temperatures often dipping below freezing. Snowfall is common, creating opportunities for winter sports such as skiing and snowmobiling. Spring brings mild temperatures and blooming flowers, signaling the start of a new season.

Baltic takes pride in its excellent education system. The town is served by the Baltic School District, which consists of a single campus housing an elementary, middle, and high school. The district provides a comprehensive education from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. Baltic School District is known for its commitment to academic excellence and personalized attention to students.

The elementary school offers a nurturing environment where young learners can develop their foundational skills. The dedicated staff focuses on creating a supportive and engaging atmosphere, fostering a love for learning and exploration. The middle school continues to build on this foundation, providing a well-rounded education that prepares students for the challenges of high school.

Baltic High School offers a wide range of academic and extracurricular opportunities. Students have access to rigorous coursework, including advanced placement (AP) classes, which allow them to earn college credit while still in high school. The school also provides vocational education programs, preparing students for careers in fields such as agriculture, technology, and healthcare.

In addition to academics, Baltic High School encourages students to participate in extracurricular activities. The school offers various sports teams, including football, basketball, volleyball, and track and field. Students can also engage in clubs and organizations, such as debate, drama, music, and student government. These activities help foster teamwork, leadership skills, and personal growth.

Baltic’s commitment to education extends beyond its school district. The community recognizes the importance of lifelong learning and offers resources for residents of all ages. The Baltic Public Library provides access to a wide range of books, digital resources, and community programs. The library serves as a hub for intellectual and cultural engagement, promoting literacy and personal enrichment.

Overall, Baltic, South Dakota, offers a peaceful and welcoming community with a strong commitment to education. Its location provides the perfect balance of rural tranquility and access to urban amenities. Whether you’re a resident or considering a visit, Baltic offers a place where individuals can thrive academically, socially, and culturally.