Baileyville, Maine Demographics

United States

According to travelationary, Baileyville is a picturesque town located in Washington County, Maine, in the northeastern part of the United States. Known for its serene beauty and close-knit community, Baileyville has a unique demographic makeup that reflects the history and culture of the region.

The population of Baileyville is approximately 1,500 residents, making it a small town with a tight-knit community feel. The town covers an area of 41 square miles, with a population density of around 36 people per square mile. The majority of the population is of Caucasian descent, accounting for about 95% of the residents. The remaining 5% comprises various ethnic groups, including Native Americans and individuals of Hispanic or Latino origin.

Baileyville has a slightly higher percentage of females, making up approximately 52% of the population, while males account for the remaining 48%. The town has a diverse age distribution, with residents spanning across different age groups. The median age in Baileyville is around 44 years, which is slightly higher compared to the national average of 38.5 years.

The educational landscape of Baileyville is characterized by a strong emphasis on providing quality education to its residents. The town is served by the Woodland School District, which includes the Woodland Elementary School and Woodland Junior-Senior High School. These schools provide a comprehensive curriculum and foster a nurturing learning environment for students from kindergarten through grade 12.

The economy of Baileyville is primarily driven by industries such as manufacturing, healthcare, and education. The town is home to several manufacturing facilities, including a pulp mill and a paper mill, which have been a significant source of employment for the residents. These mills have not only provided job opportunities but have also played a vital role in shaping the town’s history and identity.

In terms of income, the median household income in Baileyville is slightly lower than the national average. However, the town has a relatively low cost of living, which helps to offset this difference. Many residents find stable employment in the local industries, providing them with a comfortable standard of living.

Baileyville also values its natural surroundings and offers a range of recreational activities for residents and visitors alike. The town is nestled amidst beautiful forests, lakes, and rivers, providing ample opportunities for outdoor pursuits such as hiking, fishing, and camping. Outdoor enthusiasts can explore nearby attractions like the Downeast Sunrise Trail and the St. Croix River.

The residents of Baileyville take pride in their community and actively participate in various civic and cultural events. The town hosts an annual summer festival that brings together residents and visitors for a weekend of festivities, including parades, live music, and local food vendors. Additionally, Baileyville is home to various community organizations and clubs that cater to different interests, fostering a sense of belonging and camaraderie among its residents.

Overall, Baileyville, Maine, is a small town with a welcoming community, rich history, and stunning natural beauty. Its demographic makeup reflects the diverse backgrounds and interests of its residents. With a strong focus on education, a thriving economy, and a commitment to preserving its natural resources, Baileyville continues to be a cherished place to live and visit.

Location, Weather, and Education of Baileyville, Maine

According to citypopulationreview, Baileyville, Maine is a small town located in Washington County, in the easternmost part of the state. Nestled along the banks of the St. Croix River, Baileyville is known for its stunning natural beauty and close-knit community. With a population of around 1,500 residents, the town exudes a charming and peaceful atmosphere.

The weather in Baileyville is characterized by four distinct seasons. Summers are typically mild and enjoyable, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to the low 80s Fahrenheit. The town’s proximity to the coast ensures that sea breezes provide a refreshing respite from the summer heat. Fall brings vibrant foliage, with the surrounding forests transforming into a palette of red, orange, and gold. Winters in Baileyville can be cold, with temperatures averaging in the 20s and occasional snowfall. Springs are cool and crisp, with blossoming flowers and budding trees signaling the arrival of warmer days.

Education is highly valued in Baileyville, and the town boasts a strong educational system. The local schools, including the Woodland Junior/Senior High School, provide a nurturing and supportive environment for students. The schools in Baileyville offer a comprehensive curriculum, with a focus on academic excellence and personal growth. Dedicated teachers and staff are committed to providing students with a quality education, ensuring that they are well-prepared for future endeavors.

In addition to traditional academic subjects, Baileyville’s schools offer a range of extracurricular activities and programs to enhance students’ educational experience. These include sports teams, clubs, and organizations that cater to a variety of interests. Whether it’s joining the drama club, participating in the debate team, or playing on the basketball team, students in Baileyville have the opportunity to explore their passions and develop new skills outside the classroom.

Baileyville is also home to a public library, which serves as a hub for learning and community engagement. The library offers a wide range of resources, including books, magazines, and computer access, allowing residents to further their education and pursue personal interests. The library also hosts various events and programs throughout the year, such as author readings, book clubs, and workshops, fostering a love for reading and lifelong learning.

While Baileyville is a small town, its residents understand the importance of providing a solid foundation for the future generation. The community actively supports education through various initiatives, including fundraising events and scholarships. These efforts ensure that students in Baileyville have access to the resources and opportunities necessary to succeed academically and pursue higher education.

In conclusion, Baileyville, Maine is a picturesque town with a strong emphasis on education. Its beautiful natural surroundings, diverse seasons, and close-knit community make it an ideal place to live and learn. With a dedicated educational system, a variety of extracurricular activities, and community support, Baileyville provides its residents with the tools they need to thrive academically and personally.