Attleboro, Massachusetts Demographics

Northern America

According to allcitycodes, Attleboro, Massachusetts is a vibrant city located in Bristol County, in the southeastern part of the state. With a population of approximately 45,000 people, Attleboro has a diverse and dynamic demographic profile. Let’s take a closer look at the various aspects of the city’s population.

Ethnic Composition: Attleboro is a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities. The city has a significant Caucasian population, making up around 85% of the total population. The remaining 15% of the population consists of various ethnic groups, including African Americans, Hispanics, Asians, and individuals of mixed racial backgrounds. This diversity is reflected in the city’s cultural events, celebrations, and community organizations.

Age Distribution: Attleboro has a well-balanced age distribution, with residents spanning various age groups. The median age in the city is approximately 39 years old, slightly higher than the national average. The largest age group in Attleboro is between 35 and 54 years old, making up around 29% of the population. The city also has a significant number of residents under the age of 18, accounting for 22% of the population, and a growing population of seniors aged 65 and above, making up about 16% of the total population.

Income and Socioeconomic Status: Attleboro is a middle-class city with a diverse range of incomes. The median household income in the city is around $66,000, slightly higher than the national average. The city has a mix of blue-collar and white-collar workers, with employment opportunities in industries such as manufacturing, healthcare, education, and retail. Attleboro’s economy is driven by small businesses, which contribute to the overall prosperity and growth of the city.

Education: Attleboro values education and has a strong focus on providing quality educational opportunities to its residents. The city is served by the Attleboro Public School system, which includes several elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools. Additionally, Attleboro is home to a number of private schools and specialized educational institutions. The city also boasts easy access to higher education institutions, such as Bristol Community College and nearby universities like Brown University and Providence College.

Housing and Residential Patterns: Attleboro offers a mix of housing options, from historic homes to modern developments. The city has a stable homeownership rate, with approximately 60% of residents owning their homes. The remaining 40% of the population consists of renters, contributing to the city’s rental market. Attleboro has a variety of neighborhoods, each with its own unique charm and character. The city’s close proximity to major highways and public transportation makes it an attractive place to live for both commuters and families.

Cultural and Community Life: Attleboro is a close-knit community that values its cultural heritage and promotes community engagement. The city hosts numerous annual events, including the Attleboro Farmers Market, the Winter Night Festival, and the Attleboro Expo. These events provide opportunities for residents to come together, celebrate, and support local businesses. Attleboro also has a strong arts scene, with art galleries, theaters, and music venues that contribute to the city’s cultural vibrancy.

In conclusion, Attleboro, Massachusetts is a diverse and welcoming city with a rich demographic makeup. With its mix of ethnicities, age groups, and socioeconomic backgrounds, the city thrives on its community spirit and commitment to education and cultural engagement. Whether it’s the historic architecture, the bustling downtown, or the strong sense of community, Attleboro offers a unique and vibrant living experience for its residents.

Location, Weather, and Education of Attleboro, Massachusetts

Attleboro, Massachusetts is a vibrant city located in Bristol County, approximately 10 miles west of Providence, Rhode Island. With a population of around 45,000, Attleboro offers a mix of suburban charm and urban amenities, making it an ideal place to live, work, and study.

The city is known for its picturesque landscapes, combining the beauty of both rural and urban settings. Attleboro boasts several parks and recreational areas, including Capron Park Zoo, which is home to a diverse range of animal species. The city’s location near the Massachusetts-Rhode Island border also provides easy access to stunning coastal areas and beaches, making it a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts.

As for the weather, Attleboro experiences a humid continental climate, characterized by warm summers and cold winters. According to travelationary, average summer temperatures range from 70°F to 80°F, while winter temperatures can drop to 20°F or lower. The city receives moderate annual precipitation, with snowfall being common during the winter months. Spring and autumn seasons offer mild and pleasant weather, making it an excellent time to explore the city’s natural beauty.

Attleboro takes pride in its educational institutions, which cater to all age groups. The city is served by the Attleboro Public School District, which comprises several elementary, middle, and high schools. These schools provide a comprehensive curriculum and a variety of extracurricular activities to foster the intellectual, social, and physical development of students.

For higher education, Attleboro is in close proximity to prestigious colleges and universities. Brown University, located in nearby Providence, is renowned for its academic excellence and offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs. Other notable institutions in the area include Providence College, Rhode Island College, and the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.

Attleboro also offers vocational and technical education through Bristol County Agricultural High School, which provides specialized training in agricultural sciences, horticulture, and animal science. The school aims to equip students with practical skills for future careers in these fields.

In addition to its strong public education system, Attleboro is home to several private schools, including Bishop Feehan High School, a Catholic institution known for its rigorous academics and emphasis on community service. These private schools provide an alternative education option for families seeking a more specialized or faith-based approach to learning.

Beyond traditional education, Attleboro is also home to a number of cultural and artistic institutions that contribute to the community’s educational landscape. The Attleboro Arts Museum, for example, offers art classes, workshops, and exhibitions for all ages. The Attleboro Public Library serves as a hub for learning, providing access to a wide range of books, digital resources, and educational programs.

In conclusion, Attleboro, Massachusetts, is a picturesque city with a diverse educational landscape. Its location, weather, and educational opportunities make it an attractive place to live and learn. Whether you are exploring the natural beauty of the area, enrolling in the public school system, pursuing higher education, or engaging in cultural and artistic endeavors, Attleboro offers a rich and fulfilling educational experience for residents of all ages.