Arapahoe, Nebraska Demographics

Northern America

According to travelationary, Arapahoe, Nebraska is a small town located in Furnas County, in the south-central part of the state. With a population of approximately 1,000 residents, Arapahoe is a close-knit community that offers a peaceful and friendly environment for its residents.

Demographically, Arapahoe is predominantly Caucasian, with a majority of the population being of European descent. According to the latest available data, around 95% of the residents identify as White. The remaining 5% of the population consists of individuals from various racial and ethnic backgrounds, including African American, Native American, Asian, and Hispanic.

In terms of age distribution, Arapahoe has a balanced mix of different age groups. The town has a relatively older population, with a median age of 44 years. However, there is also a significant number of younger residents, indicating a diverse range of age demographics. The presence of both young families and older adults contributes to the town’s vibrant and dynamic community atmosphere.

Arapahoe has a slightly higher percentage of males than females, with males accounting for approximately 51% of the population and females making up the remaining 49%. This gender distribution is fairly consistent with the overall demographics of Nebraska.

The town of Arapahoe is primarily made up of households, with a majority of residents living in family units. The average household size in Arapahoe is around 2.4 people, which is slightly lower than the state average. The town offers a range of housing options, including single-family homes, apartments, and mobile homes, catering to various preferences and needs.

Education plays a significant role in Arapahoe, with a well-established school system serving the community. The town is home to Arapahoe Public Schools, which provides education from pre-kindergarten to high school. The school system focuses on providing quality education and fostering a supportive learning environment for its students.

In terms of employment, Arapahoe has a diverse economy that encompasses various industries. Agriculture and agribusiness are vital contributors to the local economy, with farming, ranching, and related industries playing a significant role. Additionally, the town also has a mix of small businesses, including retail stores, restaurants, and service-based establishments, which provide employment opportunities for residents.

Community involvement and engagement are highly valued in Arapahoe. The town offers several recreational facilities and amenities, including parks, sports fields, and a community center, which promote an active and healthy lifestyle. The residents actively participate in community events and organizations, fostering a strong sense of unity and pride.

Overall, Arapahoe, Nebraska is a close-knit community with a diverse mix of residents. The town’s demographics reflect a predominantly Caucasian population with a balanced age distribution. With its strong focus on education, vibrant economy, and active community engagement, Arapahoe offers a welcoming and fulfilling lifestyle for its residents.

Location, Weather, and Education of Arapahoe, Nebraska

According to allcitycodes, Arapahoe, Nebraska is a small town located in Furnas County in the central part of the state. Situated in the heart of the Great Plains region, Arapahoe offers a unique blend of natural beauty, friendly community, and a peaceful rural lifestyle. With a population of around 1,000 people, this close-knit community provides a safe and welcoming environment for residents and visitors alike.

The town of Arapahoe experiences a typical Midwestern climate, characterized by hot summers and cold winters. The warmest month is July, with average temperatures reaching around 90°F (32°C), while the coldest month is January, with temperatures dropping to an average of 20°F (-7°C). In the spring and fall, the weather is mild and pleasant, making it a great time to explore the surrounding countryside and enjoy outdoor activities.

Education plays a vital role in the community of Arapahoe. The town is served by Arapahoe Public Schools, which includes an elementary school, a middle school, and a high school. The school district is committed to providing quality education and ensuring the success of its students. The dedicated teachers and staff work closely with students to foster a love of learning and to prepare them for the challenges of the future.

In addition to the public school system, Arapahoe is also home to the Arapahoe-Holbrook Cooperative Learning Center. This center offers a variety of educational programs and resources for students of all ages, including vocational training, distance learning, and adult education. The cooperative learning center serves as a hub for lifelong learning and skill development in the community.

Beyond the traditional educational institutions, Arapahoe also values the importance of extracurricular activities and community involvement. The town hosts various events and programs throughout the year, including sports tournaments, arts and cultural festivals, and community service initiatives. These activities provide opportunities for residents of all ages to come together, build relationships, and contribute to the overall well-being of the community.

One notable aspect of Arapahoe is its proximity to natural attractions and recreational opportunities. The town is surrounded by beautiful landscapes, including rolling prairies, picturesque farmlands, and nearby lakes and rivers. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy activities such as fishing, boating, hiking, and camping in the area. These natural resources not only provide opportunities for leisure but also contribute to the town’s charm and appeal.

In conclusion, Arapahoe, Nebraska is a small town with a big heart. Its friendly community, beautiful natural surroundings, and commitment to education make it an ideal place to live and visit. Whether you’re seeking a peaceful rural lifestyle or looking to explore the wonders of the Great Plains, Arapahoe has something to offer everyone.