Amelia, Ohio Demographics

Northern America

According to travelationary, Amelia, Ohio is a small village located in Clermont County, in the southwestern part of the state. With a population of approximately 5,000 people, Amelia is considered a tight-knit community that offers a peaceful and suburban lifestyle to its residents. The village covers an area of 1.6 square miles and is known for its friendly atmosphere and strong community spirit.

Demographically, Amelia is predominantly White, with nearly 95% of the population identifying as Caucasian. The remaining 5% consists of various ethnicities, including African American, Asian, Hispanic, and Native American. The village has a slightly higher percentage of males at 51%, compared to 49% females.

Amelia has a relatively young population, with a median age of 34 years old. This reflects a vibrant community with many families and young professionals. The village has a high number of households, with an average of 2.8 persons per household. The majority of households are family households, making up about 71% of the total, while non-family households account for the remaining 29%.

In terms of education, Amelia has a well-educated population. About 92% of residents have completed high school or obtained a higher level of education. Additionally, around 26% of residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher, indicating a commitment to higher education within the community.

The workforce in Amelia is diverse and spread across various industries. The leading sectors for employment include manufacturing, healthcare, retail, and education. Many residents also commute to nearby cities for work, taking advantage of the village’s convenient location.

Amelia is known for its affordable housing options, attracting families and individuals looking for a suburban lifestyle. The median household income in the village is approximately $57,000, which is slightly higher than the national average. The cost of living in Amelia is also relatively low compared to other parts of Ohio, making it an attractive place to live for those seeking a balance between affordability and quality of life.

The village of Amelia has a strong sense of community and offers a range of recreational activities for its residents. The village has several parks and green spaces, providing opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, picnicking, and sports. The Amelia Branch Library serves as a hub for learning and community engagement, offering a variety of programs for all age groups.

Amelia also hosts annual events that bring the community together, such as the Amelia Independence Day Parade and the Amelia Harvest Festival. These events showcase the village’s pride in its heritage and provide opportunities for residents to connect and celebrate.

In conclusion, Amelia, Ohio is a small but vibrant village with a predominantly White population. It is a family-friendly community with a young demographic and a strong commitment to education. The village offers affordable housing, a low cost of living, and a variety of employment opportunities. With its tight-knit community and range of recreational activities, Amelia provides a peaceful and welcoming environment for its residents.

Location, Weather, and Education of Amelia, Ohio

According to allcitycodes, Amelia, Ohio is a small suburban village located in Clermont County, in the southwestern part of the state. Situated approximately 20 miles east of Cincinnati, Amelia offers a peaceful and close-knit community for its residents. With a population of around 5,000 people, it provides a small-town atmosphere while still being within easy reach of the amenities of a larger city.

The village of Amelia experiences a typical Midwestern climate, with hot and humid summers and cold winters. Summers are usually warm, with temperatures averaging in the high 80s Fahrenheit, while winters can be quite chilly, with average temperatures in the low 30s. Spring and fall seasons offer milder temperatures, making them ideal for outdoor activities.

Education is highly valued in Amelia, and the village boasts a strong educational system. The West Clermont Local School District serves the community, providing quality education to students from preschool through high school. The district includes several schools, including Amelia Elementary School, which caters to students in grades K-5.

Amelia Elementary School is committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment for its students. The school focuses on academic excellence, while also promoting the social and emotional development of its students. Highly qualified teachers and staff work diligently to create a positive learning atmosphere, where each student can reach their full potential.

For older students, Amelia Middle School and Amelia High School offer a comprehensive curriculum that prepares them for higher education or the workforce. These schools strive to provide a well-rounded education, emphasizing both academic and extracurricular activities. Students have the opportunity to participate in various clubs, sports, and organizations, fostering their personal growth and interests.

In addition to the public school options, Amelia is also home to several private and parochial schools, providing alternative educational choices for families. These schools often offer smaller class sizes and specialized curricula, catering to the unique needs and preferences of individual students.

Beyond primary and secondary education, Amelia is located in close proximity to a number of colleges and universities. The University of Cincinnati, Xavier University, and Northern Kentucky University are all within a reasonable commuting distance. These institutions offer a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs, allowing residents of Amelia to pursue higher education without having to venture too far from home.

In conclusion, Amelia, Ohio is a small suburban village with a strong emphasis on education. The village provides a peaceful and close-knit community for its residents, with a range of educational options available. The local school district, private schools, and nearby universities ensure that residents have access to quality education at all levels. With its pleasant Midwestern climate and proximity to larger cities, Amelia offers an ideal location for families seeking a balanced lifestyle and excellent educational opportunities.