Now it just really 2015 and we have possibility to look back to speak of what has given him this year at technological level. The best, the worst, trends, of which most has been said …
At the current pace of technology, a year goes a long way. We have had remarkable novelties, consolidations and some surprise that Let’s review in video. Are you ready?
Smartphones: better camera, design and noble middle range
The King segment one more year of innovations and technological relevance has been that of smartphones. We started the year with the controversy of the 810 Snapdragon that somehow has marked the evolution of many of the high-end low Android in 2015. And if not that is to say the HTC One M9, first high end of relevance that hit the market.
The chip maker has been touched in the race to have the reference mobile processor and both Apple with its iPhone 6s A9 and 6S Plus as Samsung with own Exynos, have taken the lead in the industry by the 2015. We will see what we have prepared for 2016.
In this year smartphone format has established itself over 5 inches as the really relevant to the consumer (without losing sight of the phablet and the clash between the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and iPhone Plus 6s), and there has been where it has been one of the battles of the year.
The design of the Galaxy S6 Edge or the confrontation of the iPhone Plus and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus 6s have been the best of the year in the high-end segment
The winner of our Engadget awards was the Galaxy S6 Edge, than with his camera (don’t miss our great photographic comparison of 2015) and especially its display curved sides and glass finish, has not left anyone indifferent.
But Sony, LG, and even Google, give some examples, have placed very outstanding terminals that together with the 6s and 6s Plus iPhone let us a squadron of high range of the best in a long time:
- Nexus 6 p, analysis: the best Nexus has returned to win any
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +, analysis: could only succeed
- iPhone Plus 6s, analysis: be the best iPhone already is not enough
- HTC One A9, analysis: a great smartphone that comes out in design but also in price
- Xperia Z5, analysis: Sony still wants to be unique
- Huawei Mate S, analysis: Huawei in the fight to enter the Champions League mobile
- LG G4, analysis: more personal and with a great camera to take advantage
But luckily, this 2015 won’t stay in memory only for the harvest of high and very expensive ranges. Both the input, with the G bike as reference, as the middle range, He has done no more than leave us great moments and great news.
2015 worldwide smartphone must stay with the quality that has reached a certain sector of the middle range
The two most relevant streams have been which have called range average premium, OnePlus X and One A9 as real terminals aspirations, but especially the mid-range level but price.
In that League that Motorola and bq were the reference until very recently they have entered with a tremendous force some brands that have decided to go for a price around 300 euros and a level which in many cases is not so far from the high range on a global basis.
- OnePlus 2, analysis: can flagship killer or not flagship killer?
- Sony Xperia M4 Aqua, analysis: great design and autonomy but with some doubts on the inside
- Alcatel Idol 3, analysis: a great smartphone no longer means a high price
- Honor 6 Plus, analysis: the phablets of less than 400 euros are serious
- ASUS Zenfone 2, analysis: balance and personalization in a smarpthone that gives you more than what you pay for it
- BQ Aquaris M5, analysis
- Honor 7, analysis: good materials, casual appearance and soul of high-end to lead the bet Honor
The black spot of the year smartphone should be giving it to battery. 2015 will be not especially remembered for improvements in autonomy (for various reasons, from design to each brand strategy), so we are left in a scenario in which, except for some phablets, (just sometimes) autonomy day is with which we must comply.
- Buy an external battery for the smartphone: the seven key points to consider
- Seven external batteries that are not only “a brick”
The good news is that there has been an explosion of external batteries of all types (here’s a guide to choosing the best) and the arrival of fast charging that promises to alleviate the drama of the day of use with our smartphone. By the wireless we are still still waiting.
Tablets and convertible: new opportunity
With the sales of the model of reference, iPad, quarter after quarter, lowering this 2015 we have seen some curious moves in the tablet world. On the one hand has confirmed to Samsung as the manufacturer that moves the market in the Android environment. For another, attempts to specialize in somewhat peculiar ways.
The Galaxy Tab S2 has reached a level almost seamless hardware, and this 2015 have seen proposed risky like the iPad Apple Pro or Lenovo Yoga Tablet with projector.
We have seen another twist in the sector of the convertible. The arrival of Windows 10 has encouraged the sector of the PC, where we have seen the eruption failed the core Intel M in an attempt to provide a solution for teams that want to play with the format tablet and laptop at the same time.
The harvest of 2015 has left us experiments a little caffeine-free such as the Apple Macbook, but also complete and innovative equipment as Dell XPS 13, Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 or Spectre X 360 HP. And the resurgence of the gaming equipment.
And of course you must not forget Surface Pro 4, winner in the Engadget awards as best laptop of 2015, and that we want to or not, have more or less sense, has a historical front clash together with the iPad Apple Pro.
The moment of truth for the smartwatches
One of the great products in 2015 by reviews, releases and expectations is the smartwatch. It is not a new sector but that we can say that this year has been that of its consolidation.
This year we have seen the arrival of the smartwatch of Apple, the rounder and promising of Samsung and how not, very awaited renovations as of the Moto360. They are still heavily dependent on the smartphone accessories and that single design and fashion above its still fairly limited functionality.
- Apple Watch, analysis: does well what it promises but at too high a price
- Samsung Gear S2, analysis: a clock to look at the idea of smartwatch
- Sony Smartwatch 3, analysis
- Huawei Watch.
- Bike 360 (by 2015) analysis: the most famous round smartwatch changes size but no idea
- ASUS Zenwatch, analysis: great design is not exclusive of the round smartwatches
- Pebble Time, analysis: autonomy by flag with an always on screen
To infinity and beyond
Reviewing this 2015 we cannot with the superficial, with what we can already play. There are advances that have made us vibrate (and doubt) this year and Engadget I have told it.
Buzz Lightyear would be very proud of the technology world by how this 2015 has treated the space. It was without a doubt the time of the space race, the missions and that everyone is passionate for what there is beyond our sight.
This 2015 have known to Philae. The mission had been 10 years plying the space and this 2015 has been the consolidation (and curiously also final).
We were also very careful this year to the private space race, where Elon Musk and his Space X have had us the sea of entertaining. It was not until almost the last day of 2015 to its Falcon 9 was able to return from a mission in space, but that we know is not the most important thing of all this million-dollar career.
And what of? autonomous cars? Classic manufacturers and technology companies are struggling to be who leave us before a car able to consume itself only. For now Google, at least at the media level, is who takes the lead and has already fully circulating through California.
- The world for autonomous car ready? Debate and legal situation by country
- Who will win the autonomous car, engine companies or digital technology?
- When the autonomous car, should we allow people to drive?
Finally we could not mention in this technological summary of the year to the phenomenon of the market: the drones. Already last year left us great moments and much controversy. But in this 2015 has been confirmed the need for regulation and legislation for its use, but also the boom in the use of them at the level of consumption.
- EFSA recalls the limitations in the recreational use of drones, but what does the law say?
- Buy a drone: tips and legislation to start
- Eleven drones to get started for less than 150 euros
- Seven more complete drones to take seriously your new hobby
And so far our Summary of the best and worst of the year technology just in a few hours. How you gone you this 2015 in this aspect?
Nokia Lumia 1001 41MP Pureview Windows 8 Full …
Kate Bush: her 31 UK singles from worst to best
The One God Hypothesis, a Post-Singularity Scenario
Lisa Mayer (Germany) – Gymnastics
‘Beerfest’ Is Getting A TV Show In Time For It’s 10 Year …
The Astonishing Life of Dyslexic Ocean Explorer Robert …
Sagarika Ghatge reveals wedding plans with Zaheer Khan …
Giannis Antetokounmpo Will Miss EuroBasket Due To A Knee …
What to expect from the Nairobi WTO trade talks
The 10 Most Expensive Computers Ever Created
The Top 5 Worst Technology Predictions of All Time
The best (and worst) jobs in America: Science jobs score …