You don’t get to have nomophobia (irrational fear to leave forgotten smartphone leaving home) but you are aware that look all the time the screen of the smartphone in search of a notification or consultation of Twitter so you don’t miss anything of what happens in the world already is almost an obsession for you.
It should be implemented and seek solutions. If you want to clear. On Engadget I leave you with some ideas, tips and tricks to reduce the time that you dedicate each day to look at the screen of the smartphone, most times by a reflex or anxiety that some can not control.
Some tips that you can put into practice
There is a foolproof trick to stop looking at all the time the smartphone screen. If you really want to do it, It basically depends on your strength of will. But if you’re willing to start with this good purpose, takes note of some ideas that editors of WSL have tested and have worked us (sometimes):
- If put the mobile in silence in the hours of work you think excessive, try to using modes such as do not disturb IOS that filter out listings unless it means we lose important calls.
- Turning the tables. If you put it in silence, take away the vibration and put it upside down, no there will be notification that jump on the screen and see. Holy hand.
- As happens with alarm clock, have the smartphone away from where we are (at least not by hand), it is an almost infallible remedy not to be constantly attentive to the notifications. If despite that you wake up and take it, comfort you thinking that you are moving something else what would you do if you had a few centimetres.
- Ignore Whatsapp. If priori not you wait message from the great source of disruption in the smartphone era for a vast majority of users, muted or removes this service notifications and look some specific times to watch and manage received messages.
- Notices of social networks like Twitter or Facebook can expect to very specific times to be reviewed. Fix them and with a little practice and perseverance will be able to control the irrationality of looking at the screen of the smartphone all the time.
- Do not take the smarpthone in your Pocket but in a bag or backpack. In this way, although it sounds a notification, is no longer as immediate reflex of looking at what has happened.
- Assert yourself a free smarpthone schedule, It may be dinner with children, couple or roommates.
- Buy a piggy bank and force you to pay a penalty If you breach some rules you impose for not looking at the screen of the smartphone. If you can not overcome the challenge, at least you can buy you something for being bad.
In the own smartphone is the key
Where they give them, they take them. You want to fight the anxiety generated by the smarpthone and precisely in the terminal itself there are some keys You can serve well the purpose of not looking at the screen continuously:
- Deletes the native service applications that you do not let you breathe. Continuously look if there are reviews, I like retuits or whatever networks such as Twitter and Facebook can be avoided in part if we eliminate applications and base the query via the web. Open your browser and refresh the page already gives a little more than laziness that activate the screen and review the right number on the top of the icon of the application in question.
- Keep the automatic display brightness disabled and put the same brightness to the minimum when you go down the street. Few smartphone models will allow you to see anything on the screen in these conditions.
- Do not leave home with charged battery 100% every morning and you obligarás to reduce the use of the smartphone screen. And if you’re tempted to recharge it at noon, make disappear the cables of your environment.
- Patterns and complex passwords and changing. You can apply it both to the smartphone unlock screen applications. If you are not logged in all the time and password change it regularly, it is complex, and you do not write it anywhere, sloth look whenever you want to do something will reduce insurance the use of the service.
- Do not activate the AutoSync of services or put large periods of time.
- A data plan with few megs. Save and in addition, a few days of the month, or the speed it will be so limited that frustration will convince you not to look at the smartphone, or you’ll have to scratch the Pocket to keep the proper data plan. If you’re at home not worth cheating with the Wifi unless you want voluntary and controlled way to see what happened on the screen of your smartphone.
Using technology to cheat
Sometimes, stop looking so long the smartphone screen is not so much a need or desire our but a way to third parties. In these cases, the aim is to “trick” those who do not want to know that, despite not looking at the screen of the smartphone, we are pending notifications. Fortunately, the technology offers us multiple ways of knowing if we have notices and even the origin of them without looking at a moment the screen.
- Custom sounds: If your operating system allows us, a good idea to differentiate notifications of people or applications is to assign different ringtones.
- LED notifications: through applications, nothing like to change the color of the LED notifications to distinguish notices that come to the smartphone.
- The friend smartwatch: It is likely that end up asking ourselves if we hurry or an important appointment to be constantly looking at the time in our brand new watch, so to test ways of looking at the screen of the smartwatch without raising suspicions in our around.
- The Freakiest: combination of lamps Philips Hue IFTT prescription so, depending on who you send us an email or a message, the light bulb change. It’s nothing discreet and soon will begin to suspect, but here already is a matter of throw imagination with the excuse.
Now share with us the tricks and tips that you use to try to look less at the screen of your smartphone?
LYF FLAME 8 Smartphone: Price, Specifications & Features …
LYF FLAME 8 Smartphone: Price, Specifications & Features …
Understanding Screen Addiction in Kids and How to Stop It …
Australian Multi-Screen Report
Amazon.com: Ultraloq UL3 BT Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint …
This hidden TV lift cabinet is amazing, and you can build …
YMCA Learns That Local Mobile Search Passes Desktop Search
Universal Digital Camera / CellPhone Mounting Bracket To …
Smartphone Awards 2017!
Full In-Car Kenwood Android Smartphone Control
How do I stop my son watching porn?
JABALPUR : "Smartphone will stop electric theft …
Bus Stop – Long Train Runnin’
बालों को झड़ने से रोके सिर्फ एक बार के इस्तेमाल से ही/ How …
How to Shoot Light Trails / Long Exposure Photo using your …
All Samsung Galaxy Phones: Home Button Not Working/ Stuck …
Two Girls Are Watching Photos On Smartphone Stock Image …
3 tips to make your smartphone life long lasting …
1000 hours of iPhone Stopwatch and after that? Video …
How to Stop or Block Pop-Ups Ads Fly on Any Android …