On April 24, 2015 Apple Watch was put on sale. Since then, it has been 19 months in which its performance in the market has been regarded with magnifying glass. Doubts have surrounded the new Apple device months before the release, due to the refusal of Apple disclose sales figures for competitive reasons.
The recent stagnation of the Smartphone market, the fall of the company’s revenues and the mystery that surrounds to the wearable of Cupertino are the perfect ingredients to make all kinds of speculations. Some have some base, other not so much. The latest is that market smartwatch is flower of a day and, as a result, Apple Watch has its days numbered. Let’s take a look at what is happening from Campingtopgear.
Consolidation and withdrawal from the market of smartwatches
During the last few days, there have been two very relevant news for the smartwatches market. The first revolves around the acquisition of Pebble by Fitbit. The famous startup born of a successful Kickstarter campaign He was the pioneer of the smart watches.
Such was the scope and charisma, the well-known manufacturer of Citizen Watches came to provide 740 million dollars in 2015 to acquire it. We anticipate the watch to a week ago, where it is rumored that Fitbit will pay just a fraction by Pebble: between 34 and 40 million. Pebble has gone from being the darling of the market to plummet and get to say goodbye to 25% of the workforce at the beginning of year.
Fitbit would be winning talent, software and a loyal customer base in a market you want to “upload” at all costs. All for a discounted price. Activity bracelets are interesting, but it seems clear that to compete with the Apple Watch they need to consolidate its offer in smart watches.
Lenovo gives up, Pebble is sold, and Android 2.0 is delayed until 2017. Panorama nothing looks good for the smartwatch
On the other hand, we met the second news on the same day. Lenovo announced it was suspending its initiative in the market of intelligent watches indefinitely. That is, there would be no successor to the 360 motorcycle. The fall in interest from Lenovo joins the delay of the launch of Android Wear 2.0, initially scheduled for September this year and now delayed until early that comes.
This situation leaves the way clear for companies who have business centres that can withstand the ups and downs of a nascent market. Such as Samsung, which has just launched its Gear S3 card integrated eSIM. Something that makes it autonomous from the smartphone. Fitbit has a very strong, especially in the U.S. brand, and other manufacturers like Garmin have specialized in high performance sport.
All this makes us wonder: what’s with the Apple Watch?
Doubts surrounding Apple Watch
Before entering in the realm of assumptions and speculations, It is preferable to detail where we start. There are several elements to consider when we talk about the alleged failure of the Apple Watch:
- There is only a company who knows how many have been sold Apple Watch: Apple.
- The rest of signatures of analysis only make estimates. Frequently, sale as the online or the physical routes are left out through the Apple Store. This last, very relevant for new categories, especially one with so much emphasis on fashion.
- The signatures of analysis are not the Holy Grail of the figures. Frequently, they released their figures without contrasting them with which manufacturers reported each quarter. In the case of Apple, and as an example, IDC does not update its figures of PC sold year-to-year Once they are reported by the company, staying above or below the actual figure. It is no secret that these companies have their own agenda.
- Apple Watch came out in April of 2015. At the beginning of this 2016, when was fulfilled a year of its launch, Apple decided not to renew the device, lower the price to the existing generation and wait until September. It is logical to think that during those five months the public should decide to wait and delay the purchase until you see the new models. Which results in a drop in sales, similar to that which occurs in the quarter prior to the launch of a new iPhone.
- Tim Cook said at a Conference of shareholders before launch that they do not disclose information about its performance in the market. Or figures of sales or revenue. Everything would be concealed in the segment “Others”, the drawer of tailor where stows iPod, Apple TV, Beats and other products and services.
On this last point, one may believe it or not the reasons given by Cook. Apple has the right to hide the actual sales figures, at least until they reach a certain volume of total income. But at the same time, has paid the field for all kinds of speculations.
Tim Cook said a few days ago that Apple Watch had his best week of sales in history. Something that will take Apple to have the best quarter of your smart watch. Cook does not provide specific figures (that Apple had sold one unit more than its best quarter to be true would suffice) or not conflicting with the report released by IDC in October on smart watches.
In summary: the future of Apple Watch is not as black as they paint it. In fact, there are reasons for hope.
Apple Watch: initial errors and future
Apple Watch is not perfect. He had a start slow (literally) with a first major update in a somewhat watered down. Apple has had to learn along the way how and why it is valuable to your product in the eyes of the consumer.
This is not something unusual at the Cupertino company, if we look at the presentation of the original iPhone, Steve Jobs introduced it as a phone, iPod and internet access device. Or mention what you would end up doing great the iPhone: apps and camera.
Apple has learned that what users more value is the control of physical activity
Similarly, Apple introduced the Watch as a device to communicate, control the time and physical activity. Of these three, only physical activity and notifications have shown to be sufficiently attractive for consumers. This is why Apple Watch second generation, together with watchOS 3, make special emphasis on physical activity.
The Apple plan is to focus it towards our health at the same time that hasn’t lost sight of the high style and fashion of the device component. It is reasonable to think that the future of the Apple Watch It will move in this direction (more health sensors), at the same time becoming more capable and independent iPhone.
Apple Watch is not dead. On the contrary, it is very much alive and kicking. While some leave the market, Apple is optimistic and continues their March without stopping.
Apple continues to add cities to Maps Flyover city tours
Next Apple special event in March to stream live – Product …
Apple Announces iPhone SE and iPad Pro Updates
Facebook Messenger now lets you send/receive money through …
Fed Appears to Know the Score
‘Django’ Actress Defiant, Upset in Audio From Police …
Irish Trojan in Tennessee:Marching for babies
Mark the Graph: Retail shopping shock
Mark the Graph: Retail shopping shock
Company Says Play-Doh All You Need To Break Into A …
Lagoona Mall enhances shopping and lifestyle experience …
301 Moved Permanently
301 Moved Permanently
Don’t Wait Until March, Pick Up a Fake Apple Watch Today …
Quanta Computer Stock Photos & Quanta Computer Stock …
Apple Watch: What To Expect On March 9
مجموعة خلفيات حدث آبل الإعلاني “Let us loop you in”